Monday, December 26, 2011

The Best Digital Camera For Under $200

Who has the time to shift through reams of product reviews, or spend a half a day driving around malls talking with salespeople? Half the time, you don't know what or who to believe, and all the tech talk seems to turn a simple purchase into a major event. If your looking to get the best digital camera available for under 0, you've come to the right place. There are a couple of good cameras (3 at most) to consider in this category. The remaining 90% of models in this category can be safely ignored.

[b]Digital Camera [/b]

Over last Christmas, I had to make the same type of purchase. I didn't have a lot of time, and the wife thought a digital camera for her parents would be a great idea. As much as I'm a lover of technology, I wasn't convinced this was a good idea. They've never owned a digital camera before, and don't even have a computer. Not exactly the early adopter type. I looked around a bit, and was pleasantly surprised, and lucky to actually find a help salesperson at my local big box electronics store.

They right away recommended the Canon PowerShot A570IS. The IS stands for image stabilization. "Perfect" I thought for newbie digital camera types. At the time it was priced around 0, but I've since seen it online for around 0. I like Canon cameras, and have owned several over the years. They generally take great pictures, are very reliable, and intuitive to use. It's been a perfect choice for them.

If your looking for something a little smaller in size the Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Elph would be an excellent choice as well. I've recently seen it priced for about 0, and again you get the reliable Canon name. Image quality will pale somewhat compared to the A570IS, but miniaturization does come at a price.

The Best Digital Camera For Under 0

No comments:

Post a Comment